The business world can be harsh to those who are unprepared. If things are going poorly, this can flow over into your personal life.
Having a solid framework is the first step towards turning your business and life around.
I call my 4-step business coach process my Success Frame-Work. It begins with your vision – both business and personal:
- Where do you want your business to go?
- How does your ideal lifestyle look?
- What do you want your income to be?
- How many hours are you willing to commit to your business?
After that, the choice whether or not to continue and at what pace is up to you!
I like to start with the big picture of your ideal future:
- What would your ideal life look like? (Includes time at work, location, travel, etc.)
- What will you do, and (more importantly) what won’t you do?
- What is your time frame for arriving at this ideal state?
- What indicators will show that you have arrived?
Then I start drilling down into your current situation:
- What does your life look like now?
- Where does your business fit into your current lifestyle?
- What would your ideal business look like?
- What are the most glaring problems? Get to the details and find the good, the bad and the ugly.
- Why did you come to me for help?
At this level, we have a dramatic contrast between the lifestyle and business you have now, and the one you actually want so we can move into Triage: looking at the details of what you have and where you are so we can set goals and create a strategy.
We’ll look at…
- Detailed financial analysis of costs (COGS and Expense) using a zero-based method
- Revision and agreement of budget
- Tracking and reporting systems for budget
- Creation of formal System Manual for existing systems
- Implementation of Systems Manual
- Consideration of additional systems that are required
Your education and skills:
- List of required learning (things to read, listen to, or watch)
- Skills to develop
- Relationships to cultivate
Your staff situation:
- Comparison of current Organisational Chart with desired one
- Creation of Work Outcomes Statements (WOS) for every role
- Introduction of Progressive Performance Review system
- Consideration of incentive-based salary packages
Your time usage:
- Detailed time analysis for every staff member
- Introduction of Default Diary system
Planning – getting you out of your hole
The next step is to create a 90-day plan that lays out exactly what we want to achieve in the next quarter.
This plan doesn’t just outline where you want to be once the 90 days are up – it goes deeper. If steps 1 and 2 are about answering “why” and “what”, then step 3 is the “how”.
We will answers questions like:
- What is a priority?
- Who is responsible for each priority action?
- When do these need to be completed by?
This plan will guide you and your business towards success over the coming weeks. It will also help us track your progress until you see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Coaching meeting – where do we go from here?
Our programme ends with a coaching lesson to send you off.
- We’ll review your 90-day plan and your progress towards your goals
- We’ll figure out what’s holding you back, and find a solution
- We’ll modify your plan depending on whether you’re ahead of schedule or lagging behind
- We’ll talk about what comes next
If all goes well, we’ll part with you well on the way to running your dream business and living your dream life.
From here, you can decide whether you want to go ahead with a long-term business coaching relationship, periodic mentoring, or go on independently with the knowledge you’ve learnt.
Work with me using my unique Frame-Work for business owners
and if we don't make you more money than we cost...
We'll work for free until you do.*
*terms and conditions apply
You’re an expert in your field, but how did you train to be a business owner?
No matter your industry, my proven Frame-work can help you become a better business owner.