Bruce’s Coaching Primer
The business world can be harsh to those who are unprepared. If things are going poorly, this can flow over into your personal life.
Having a solid framework is the first step towards turning your business and life around.
My Coaching Primer begins with your vision – both business and personal:
- Where do you want your business to go?
- How does your ideal lifestyle look?
- What do you want your income to be?
- How many hours are you willing to commit to your business?
I like to start with the big picture of your ideal future:
- What would your ideal life look like? (Includes time at work, location, travel, etc.)
- What will you do, and (more importantly) what won’t you do?
- What is your time frame for arriving at this ideal state?
- What indicators will show that you have arrived?
Then I start drilling down into your current situation:
- What does your life look like now?
- Where does your business fit into your current lifestyle?
- What would your ideal business look like?
- What are the most glaring problems? Get to the details and find the good, the bad and the ugly.
- Why did you come to me for help?
At this level, we have a dramatic contrast between the lifestyle and business you have now, and the one you actually want so we can move into Triage: looking at the details of what you have and where you are so we can set goals and create a strategy.
We’ll look at…
- Detailed financial analysis of costs (COGS and Expense) using a zero-based method
- Revision and agreement of budget
- Tracking and reporting systems for budget
- Creation of formal System Manual for existing systems
- Implementation of Systems Manual
- Consideration of additional systems that are required
Your education and skills:
- List of required learning (things to read, listen to, or watch)
- Skills to develop
- Relationships to cultivate
Your staff situation:
- Comparison of current Organisational Chart with desired one
- Creation of Work Outcomes Statements (WOS) for every role
- Introduction of Progressive Performance Review system
- Consideration of incentive-based salary packages
Your time usage:
- Detailed time analysis for every staff member
- Introduction of Default Diary system
Now we create your one-page quarterly plan that includes targets and actions for each of these activities.
Your plan clearly shows who is responsible for each priority action and when they need to have completed it by. This will guide your activities each day and we will track your progress rigorously through the quarter as our measure of success.
- If you are achieving your targets then we can keep moving forward with our plan
- If you are not achieving them, then we work together to find out what is stopping your from achieving those targets, and find a solution
- If you are ahead of your target in some areas then we might need to be more ambitious next quarter
Work with me using my unique Frame-Work for business owners
and if we don't make you more money than we cost...
We'll work for free until you do.*
*terms and conditions apply
You’re an expert in your field, but how did you train to be a business owner?
No matter your industry, my proven Frame-work can help you become a better business owner.