How I Work
How I Work
Whenever I meet I business owners for the first time, there are some things I try to work out in my head before deciding to form a coaching relationship.
- Who are you and where have you come from?
- What business do you say you are in and what business are you really in?
- What stage are you at on your entrepreneurial journey?
- What stage is your business at?
- What part of the lifecycle is your industry at?
- Can I help you?
- Do I like you?
The last point may seem a little strange if you’ve never worked with a business coach before. Why does it matter?
The Coaching Relationship
The coaching relationship is built on understanding, trust and working together – our relationship is a two-way street and if for whatever reason I don’t like you (or vice versa), it becomes very difficult to establish a good and understanding relationship.
In such a relationship, this is number one.
Before deciding to contact me, please take the time to assess how you handle certain situations and how you react to them. As a business coach, I am here to push you to your limits so you can reach your goals. Ask yourself:
- How do I feel about Bruce’s tough-love approach towards not only his clients’ business but also their lives?
- How do I feel about being pushed to complete all high priority tasks?
- How would I react when harsh truths about my business and lifestyle are being closely looked at?
- Am I willing to accept directions from Bruce as to what is most important and what is less important?
- Am I willing to take action on items that challenge me or that I would prefer to avoid?
I won’t lie – when I start working with business owners, I do not pull my punches. I push them. I work them hard. I demand.
So if we’re not going to get along, let’s walk away from each other now.
If you get to the end of it and say, “This man is annoying,” then you probably won’t want to work with me.
On the other hand, if you say, “This man really makes sense and I like his challenging, approach and the way he cares about his clients’ lives, not just their businesses,” then you should definitely contact me and see if we can work together.
Take my word for it: it’s not always going to be easy. But remember, if it were easy, you wouldn’t need a coach.
Work with me using my unique Frame-Work for business owners
and if we don't make you more money than we cost...
We'll work for free until you do.*
*terms and conditions apply
You’re an expert in your field, but how did you train to be a business owner?
No matter your industry, my proven Frame-work can help you become a better business owner.